RPS has been providing substation engineering, design, equipment supply and supervision of construction and testing services to utility and industrial clients in the US for over 75 years.
We are a one stop shop for the critical components of your substation project, providing everything from initial consultation, engineering, design, sourcing & fabrication, project management, testing and commissioning supervision. These projects include green field, retrofit and refurbishment projects in substations up to 500 kV.
With hundreds of successfully delivered projects, ranging from substation protective relay and control systems to complete substation projects, RPS’s experienced power engineers are a key resource for producers, distributors and consumers of medium and high voltage energy.
Typical air insulated substation projects include some or all of the following services & products:
- Structural design and sourcing
- Capital equipment sourcing: transformers, breakers, instrument transformers, switches, insulators, bus pipe systems, CT/PT/CCVT, above & below grade grounding systems, HV cable, lighting and arresters
- Relay protection & control
- Automation and integration (using traditional and IEC 61850 protocols)
- SCADA systems
- Panel & control house design, fabrication & testing
- Testing and commissioning supervision